1. Fabrics used in our dresses are made from a variety of sources. Satins and lining fabrics are polyester, chiffons and georgette fabrics are either polyester or silk. All of these fabrics are of high quality and are very delicate.
2. With proper love and care your dress will ensure that you look elegant for a number of special occasions. However if you treat it like a pair of old jeans it will not last very long at all.
3. Beaded dresses are always very delicate and you must take time and care when putting on and taking off the garment. Some dresses have ‘lace-up’ backs, some have a short zip and many of our dresses have long zips. The zips are sewn ‘close in’ to give a smooth appearance and it is important that the wearer takes great care when using the zip to make sure that the fabric or beads are not caught and damaged.
4. As many as two hundred beads and sequins may be stitched on using a single thread; therefore it is vital that if a thread does break the ends must be knotted to prevent too many beads and sequins from being lost. A small packet of matching beads is supplied with every beaded dress. Any damage to the beading should be repaired as soon as possible. It is also a good idea to always take a few safety pins with you, just in case you snag on something sharp.
5. Be aware that some jewellery such as necklaces, bracelets, watches and rings can snag the bead-work, and could easily break the stitching and damage the fabric.
6. NEVER machine wash or tumble dry this garment.
7. If it becomes necessary to clean the garment, then you may very gently hand wash the dress. Please be aware that the dress will be much heavier when wet and take care to support the weight. Dry the dress flat and press the lining fabric with a cool iron. If hand washing is not effective then take it to a specialist dry-cleaning company to have it spot cleaned. Do NOT have the whole dress dry cleaned as this will ruin the beading and sequins.
8. When storing the dress it is very important that the weight of the dress is supported by the hanger loops sewn into the inner seams, if you have space then store the dress flat.
9. Beaded dresses should always be covered when being stored.
10. Prom dresses are NOT FIRE PROOF; do not allow them near ANY source of ignition, open fire or flame.